Thursday, July 15, 2010

Update on life in the HSV

This week is finally coming to an end. Overall it's been an incredibly successful week of teaching and sharing with the kids at music camp! They are doing such an amazing job on their parts and the singing and choreography! (Kudos to Amanda for all the HOURS of dancing she's done with the kids this past week! :)Zumba's got nothing on her!)

I've definitely been stretched beyond what I thought I was going to be doing this week. Due to a very random and unexpected flu bug that went around the house of one of the breakout session leaders, I was put in charge of leading the Orff Instrumentation (in this case rhythm instruments) for one of the songs. I had to fly by the seat of my pants, but I feel like the kids had at least a little bit of fun in the midst of the business of learning the part for the performance we'll have on Sunday. They sound great and I think it's really going to allow some of the kids to have a special part in the production that they can be proud of! I know I'm proud of them!

Tomorrow will be mostly dress rehearsals, last minute prop and set designs that still need to be finished, and letting the kids get comfortable with their places on the stage. I've definitely learned what to watch out for, and things that work really well when working with a large group of kids. It's been tiring, but I know that on Sunday night it's going to be a wonderful experience for the kids, their parents/grandparents, and the leaders. And I know that along the way, some of the kids that just need to be shown love on a consistent basis will have seen that there are people that love them, and hopefully they will understand that God loves them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment