Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bazinga!

Hi Everyone,
Today was the day of the church vote at New Hope Baptist Church in Raleigh, NC. I sang a solo in both the traditional and contemporary services, and for the traditional service I also led the choir in an anthem and led the congregational hymns. I started out a little nervous, but thankfully those nerves went away once the service started.

At the end of each service the congregation voted on whether or not to call me as the new Associate Minister of Music. The vote came out in an overwhelmingly vote for YES! It was a wonderful affirmation and blessing to have such support! So...
I have officially been called as the Associate Minister of Music at New Hope Baptist Church in Raleigh, NC! It was a wonderful weekend, and now I'm going to hit the ground running when I get back to Huntsville to prepare for services this week, as well as start looking at planning for the fall at New Hope!

Thank you so much for all your prayers, encouragement and support! I have been blessed with amazing friends and family! I love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

    YOU TOO GOD!!!!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Laura!! We're proud of you. You'll do an awesome job there! They're blessed to have you. Love, Dan+Mariana+Luca

    ReplyDelete